Hive >> mail # user >> Rolling MAU computation

+
Tom Hubina 2012-10-10, 22:05
+
Roberto Sanabria 2012-10-10, 22:59
Re: Rolling MAU computation
An example would be awesome .. I've never used a map side join (though I'm
searching on that now .. )

Tom

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Roberto Sanabria
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I've done this with a map side join using a table that stores days of the
> week. I use that to drive the day im calculating the count for. Let me know
> if you need an example.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Tom Hubina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compute the number of active users in the previous 30 days
>> for each day over a date range. I can't think of any way to do it directly
>> within Hive so I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas.
>>
>> Basically the algorithm is something like:
>>
>> For each day in date range:
>>    SELECT day, COUNT(DISTINCT(userid)) FROM logins WHERE day - logins.day
>> < 30;
>>
>>  Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Tom

+