Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Problem building branch-2

Problem building branch-2
Hi folks

I'm trying to build the head of branch-2 on a CentOS box and hitting a rash of errors like the following (all from the protobuf support area):

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project hadoop-common: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/common/hadoop/hadoop-common/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/generated-sources/java/org/apache/hadoop/ipc/protobuf/RpcHeaderProtos.java:[278,37] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class Parser
[ERROR] location: package com.google.protobuf

Per the BUILDING.txt instructions, I was using a command line of "mvn install -DskipTests" from the top level directory.

Any suggestions? I assume I must have some path incorrectly set or need to build the sub-projects manually in some order, but I'm unsure of the nature of the problem.

Thanks
Ralph
+
Harsh J 2013-05-24, 20:16
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-05-24, 18:56
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-24, 19:55