MapReduce >> mail # user >> Intel Hadoop Distribution.

+
Chengi Liu 2013-03-01, 21:47
+
Marcos Ortiz 2013-03-01, 22:19
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-02, 12:25
Re: Intel Hadoop Distribution.
+1 Andrew

On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chengi,
> This is not the forum for inquires about this or that vendor changes. I
work for Intel but on community focused work. I couldn't even answer your
questions. You should start by looking on the vendor's website for where to
direct further inquiry.
> On the other hand if the question is about Apache Hadoop, this is the
right place to ask.
> Good luck!
>
> On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
>>
>> Regards, Chengi
>> Intel is working in a battery-tested Hadoop distribution, with a marked
focused on Security Enhancements. You can see it here:
>> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/project-rhino/
>>
>> Best wishes
>>

>> On 03/01/2013 04:47 PM, Chengi Liu wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>   I am curious. In this strata, intel made any announcement of their own
hadoop distribution  optimized for their chips and with some of their own
implementations.
>> Though I was bit surprised on seeing intel's involvement in hadoop
world.. but now somehow it makes sense (its a big market after all)

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2013/130227-intel-releases-hadoop-distribution.html

>> I was wondering on how is their distribution different than other
players? or why would anyone buy intel's distribution at all?

--
Warm Regards,
Tariq