Zookeeper, mail # user - Q about majority voting, # of nodes, even node number

Re: Q about majority voting, # of nodes, even node number
Henry Robinson 2014-01-16, 05:17
The answer, as Cameron says, is that 2 nodes still represent a majority in
a quorum of 3. The idea behind it is that if you have two different sets of
nodes that are large enough to be majorities, at least one node will be in
common between the two. This means that every majority has at least one
node that has heard of every transaction in the system, and this property
is crucial for the correctness of many consensus protocols.

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer