Avro >> mail # user >> Is Avro/Trevni strictly read-only?

+
ccleve 2013-01-28, 20:00
Re: Is Avro/Trevni strictly read-only?
Avro and Trevni files do not support record update or delete.

For large changing datasets you might use Kiji (http://www.kiji.org/)
to store Avro data in HBase.

Doug

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM, ccleve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've gone through the documentation, but haven't been able to get a definite
> answer: is Avro, or specifically Trevni, only for read-only data?
>
> Is it possible to update or delete records?
>
> If records can be deleted, is there any code that will merge row sets to get
> rid of the unused space?

+
Russell Jurney 2013-01-30, 00:50
+