Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hadoop SUN JAVA dependency

Re: Hadoop SUN JAVA dependency
I have been wanting to try hadoop on my PowerMac 8600 (now with g4!). :)

For starters, there are places (code/script) where os.name, os.arch and sun.arch.data.model are used.
Some are written with invalid assumptions. For one, JSVC_ARCH will be blindly set to i386 on ppc in bin/hadoop.

I suggest you file an umbrella jira and keep adding subtasks as you go.

Thanks,
Kihwal