Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Re: Timeouts and ping handling

Re: Timeouts and ping handling
I think it can be done. Looking through the code, it seems like it should
be safe modulo some stats that are set in the FinalRequestProcessor that
may be less useful.

A question for the other zookeeper devs out there, is there a reason that
we handle read-only operations in the first processor differently on the
leader than the followers? The leader (calling PrepRequestProcessor first)
will do a session check for any of the read-only requests:
 zks.sessionTracker.checkSession(request.sessionId,
                        request.getOwner());

but the FollowerRequestProcessor will just push these requests to its
second processor, and never check the session. What's the purpose of the
session check on the leader but not the followers?