Flume >> mail # dev >> Questions about Morphline Solr Sink structure

Re: Questions about Morphline Solr Sink structure
Hi,

But is it really about unpleasant names or about incorrect/misleading names?
If I were a developer and came across a class named MorphlineSolrSink
I'd never think I could use it to pump events into anything other than
Solr.  And if I read the docs that said otherwise I'd be confused and
would likely come to the mailing list for help (like I did, I guess).

Why can't the existing code be @deprecated?  Wouldn't that solve
backwards compatibility issue over the next 2 releases?

Thanks,
Otis