Avro >> mail # user >> C Implementation, missing avro_flush()

+
Niraj Tolia 2010-03-17, 19:21
Re: C Implementation, missing avro_flush()
Niraj,

The header says avro_flush(), but the implementation says
avro_writer_flush().  We'll get this addressed shortly.

There isn't currently a way to call fsync() directly ... but since you pass
the FILE* to the file writer, you could call fsync(fileno(FILE*)) on your
own, unless you're using the container file.

If you want to open a bug on each of these, I'll work up the patches and
work with massie to get them into SVN.

Cheers,

 - Bruce

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Niraj Tolia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was going through the avro.h header file (from the 1.3.0 release)
> and noticed that the avro_flush() call is defined but has no
> implementation. If someone does try to use it, compilation will fail
> with an undefined reference error. I am not sure if this was an
> accidental oversight but figured I should let someone know.
>
> Also, would I be correct in assuming that the C API doesn't allow me
> to actually call fsync() on a file writer? Digging through the code
> didn't turn up anything obvious.
>
> Cheers,
> Niraj
>
> --