Hive >> mail # user >> Wildcard support in specifying file location

Re: Wildcard support in specifying file location
What Lefty said is correct as per my understanding.

By default, hive maps a table with a directory with location parameter
But then you can alter it to point to a single file. (thats the hack to use
a file as storage location for hive table).

But it does not support regex based files as storage files for tables yet.

May be someone from hive (dev + designers + architects) will be able to
tell this if its doable in anyway.
I just tried it. it fails miserably

--
Nitin Pawar