Accumulo, mail # dev - Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-14, 16:55
+
Josh Elser 2013-10-15, 03:02
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:45
+
Mike Drob 2013-10-15, 02:24
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 03:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-15, 02:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-10-15, 03:57
+
dlmarion@... 2013-10-15, 12:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:16
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-15, 15:20
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-10-15, 15:28
Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
Sean Busbey 2013-10-18, 05:29
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to be clear, we are talking about adding profile support to the
>>> pom's for Hadoop 2.2.0 for a 1.4.5 and 1.5.1 release, correct? We are not
>>> talking about changing the default build profile for these branches are we?
>>>

>> for 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT I am only talking about adding support Hadoop 2.2.0. I
>> am not suggesting we change the default from building against Hadoop
>> 0.23.203.
>>

> I mean 0.20.203.0. Ugh, Hadoop versions.

Okay, barring additional suggestions, tomorrow afternoon I'll break things
down into an umbrella and 3 sub tasks:

1) addition of hadoop 2 support

 - to include backports of commits
 - to include making the target hadoop 2 version 2.2.0
 - to include test changes that flex hadoop 2 features like fail over

2) ensuring compatibility for 0.20.203

- presuming some subset of the commits in 1) will break it since 0.20
support was left behind in 1.5

3) doc / packaging updates

- the issue of binary releases per distro
- doc patch for what version(s) the release tests are expected to run
against

Once work is put against those tickets, I'd expect things to go into a
branch based on the umbrella ticket until such time as the complete work
can pass the test suite that we'll use at the next release. Then it can get
rebased onto the 1.4.x dev branch.

--
Sean
+