Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: HDFS-758 in Hadoop-21 , Updates to  Namenode health page

Re: HDFS-758 in Hadoop-21 , Updates to Namenode health page
Jitendra Nath Pandey 2009-11-25, 19:51

 We have had several issues with decommissioning in recent past.
Decommissioning takes long time and operations guys have no means to find
out what is taking so long. This is a change in the namenode web UI that
will greatly help hadoop users to monitor the status of decommissioning and
to discover cause of 'long tails' in decommissioning.
   Brian Bockelman's comment on the jira (HDFS-758) confirms that 'long
tails' in decommissioning have been a problem not only at Yahoo but also for
other hadoop users.
   Therefore, this feature seems to be significant enough to be backported
to 21 so that it is available for our users sooner rather than later.
  We have backported this change to yahoo distribution of hadoop-20 as well.

Thanks
jitendra