HBase >> mail # user >> Compaction problems

Compaction problems
I have a busy region, and there are 43 StoreFiles (>
compactionThreshold=8) in this region.
Now, I stopped the client and stopped put new data into it. I expect
these StoreFiles to be compacted later.

But, one day after, these 43 StoreFiles are still there.

It seems the compaction does not work automatically.
And I checked the code, it seems the compaction would only start after
split....