HBase >> mail # user >> Compaction time

+
samar.opensource 2013-03-04, 06:44
Re: Compaction time
How often do you run those jobs ? Do they run periodically or are they
running all the time ?

If you have a predictable periodic behavior, you could disable automatic
compaction and trigger it manually using a cron job (not the recommended
approach, AFAIK). Or you could set the compaction to trigger at a set time
of the day when you know your jobs are not running.

-Viral

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM, samar.opensource <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    We are running some high load jobs which are mostly writes. During
> these jobs, compaction is triggered which takes sometime as longs as 40mins
> to complete. This causes blocking (as others wait for compaction in the
> queue). Please suggest how much compaction time is reasonable for
> compacting 2Gb store files . And best way to avoid long blocking
> compactions.
> Using Cloudera hbase vesion 3u3.
> Regards,
> Samar