HBase >> mail # dev >> ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-13, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 20:25
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-14, 20:02
+
Stack 2013-01-15, 04:37
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-15, 08:46
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-15, 09:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-15, 17:04
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-15, 17:25
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
protoc is pretty easy to install on all the systems. It took me few
seconds to install it. So if someone  try to build and the build is
failing because protoc is missing, then just install it?

It's like if javac or mvn is missing. It can be considered as a
critical tool to allo HBase build to succeed?

JM

2013/1/14, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I think the idea was to make it easier for the average developer to get
> hbase building without the hassle. The only downside is that we have to
> commit the generated code.
>
> I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7557 as a critical.
>
> Enis
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Andrew Purtell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> 012 for lacking it here and there but that would not be the typical
>> experience. I was also bitten by needing a recent en

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:20