MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Next releases

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-11-08, 02:42
+
Steve Loughran 2013-11-08, 09:30
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-11-09, 06:35
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-11-10, 22:07
+
Hari Mankude 2013-11-11, 18:06
+
Colin McCabe 2013-11-11, 22:57
Re: Next releases
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Colin McCabe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> To be honest, I'm not aware of anything in 2.2.1 that shouldn't be
> there.  However, I have only been following the HDFS and common side
> of things so I may not have the full picture.  Arun, can you give a
> specific example of something you'd like to "blow away"?

I agree with Colin. If we've been backporting things into a patch release
(third version component) which don't belong, we should explicitly call out
those patches, so we can learn from our mistakes and have a discussion
about what belongs. Otherwise we'll just end up doing it again. Saying
"there were a few mistakes, so let's reset back a bunch of backport work"
seems like a baby-with-the-bathwater situation.

Todd
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-11-13, 18:10
+