Hadoop >> mail # general >> RESULT - [VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security

Re: RESULT - [VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security
Yes, branch-0.20-security-205 was branched from branch-0.20-security on 12
September 2011, when it was decided to create the 0.20.205.0 release.  All
commits to branch-0.20-security-205 since that time have also been
committed to branch-0.20-security, so the latter remains a proper superset
of 205.

As agreed in other threads, branch-0.20-security will become branch-1,
while branch-0.20-security-205 will be copied to branch-1.0, from which
release 1.0.0 will be made.
In the future, branch-1 will beget branch-1.1 from which release 1.1.0 can
be made.

Regards,
--Matt