Hive >> mail # user >> Generate Hive DDL

+
Murtaza Doctor 2013-02-15, 05:41
Re: Generate Hive DDL
1) download the jar from
          from Apache JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-967

2) run the following command to generate DDLs.

 hive --service jar <<path_to_jar>>
com.media6.hive2rdbms.job.ShowCreateTable -D db.name=default -D
table.name=<<TABLE_NAME>>
2>/dev/null
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Murtaza Doctor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Folks,
>
>  I was wondering if any one is aware of a way to generate Hive DDL
> scripts using the existing metastore which in our case is in postgres. We
> have a few tables which have been historically created and figuring our
> creating ways to get the schema as DDL so that we can keep it in under
> version control.  We could replicate the entire metastore would we just
> want 4 tables out of the 100 we already have in place.
>
>  Thanks,
> murtaza

+
Dean Wampler 2013-02-15, 15:21