Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Usecase: DB Sharding

Re: Usecase: DB Sharding
This might be of some help:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ZooKeeperIntegration

I am not sure if Solr/Lucene has the implementation part done or thats just the design doc.

Also,
http://katta.sourceforge.net/documentation/how-katta-works

thanks
mahadev