Hadoop >> mail # dev >> maven setting of version of protocol buffer

+
yiyu jia 2013-01-17, 14:34
Re: maven setting of version of protocol buffer
Hi Yiyu,

Are you referring to com.google.protobuf?

We generally do depend on specific versions of jars in the pom.xml files,
to prevent exactly this sort of problem.  If you have a patch which adds
this, you should post it.  It might help someone else.

cheers,
Colin
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM, yiyu jia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that I always get error message which says there is no
> Parser.class found in protocbuffer. Aftter checking, I found that is
> because there is no version info about protocbuff in POM file. So, Maven
> always try to download old version of protocbuffer though I build the
> lastest one and install it in local maven repository already. And the
> default version Maven downloaded has no Parser.class .
>
> I solve the issue by adding version info of protocbuffer in POM files.
> However, I think there should be a better way to solve this. anybody can
> show me how to get reqired version of protocbuff without changing POM
> files?
>
> thanks and reggards,
>
> Yiyu

+