From: Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Configuring SSH - is it required? for a psedo distriburted mode?

Hello Raj,

     ssh is actually 2 things :
1- ssh : The command we use to connect to remote machines - the client.
2- sshd : The daemon that is running on the server and allows clients to connect to the server.
ssh is pre-enabled on Linux, but in order to start sshd daemon, we need to install ssh first.

To start the Hadoop daemons you have to make ssh passwordless and issue bin/start-dfs.sh and bin/start-mapred.sh.

You might find this link useful.
Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

>I am a bit confused here. I am planning to run on a single machine.
>
>So what should i do to start hadoop processes. How should I do an SSH? Can you please breifly explain me what SSH is?
>
>Thanks,
>Raj

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-16, 17:01