Pig, mail # user - JsonLoader schema field order shouldn't matter

JsonLoader schema field order shouldn't matter
Tim Sell 2013-01-07, 19:56
When using JsonLoader with Pig 0.10.0

if I have an input.json file that looks like this:

{"date": "2007-08-25", "id": 16}
{"date": "2007-09-08", "id": 17}
{"date": "2007-09-15", "id": 18}

And I use

a = LOAD 'input.json' USING JsonLoader('id:int,date:chararray');
DUMP a;

I get errors when it tries to force the date fields into an integer.

Shouldn't this work independent of the ordering of the schema fields?
Json writers generally don't make guarantees about the ordering.

One alternative (though annoying) would to be use elephant bird
instead, but I can't get that to compile against hadoop 2.0.0 and Pig
0.10.0.

~Tim