HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-06-25, 03:45
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 20:40
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 20:54
Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 21:54
> so we might look at using Hadoop RPC directly again?

Totally agree with that thought, Andrew. I must admit that I don't know
about all the context on why the HBase RPC forked in the first place :-)

Your suggestion on using the Hadoop RPC work here makes sense. I am not too
sure whether that is practical in the short term though (we would need to
put in Tracing framework calls in Hadoop RPC and so on). IMO this will
further delay the 0.96 shipping as well. However doing the equivalent patch
for HADOOP-9421 in HBase will probably be easier and doable for 0.96...

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > HADOOP-9421
>

> How about turning that around? (smile) Any thoughts on removing the
> indirection in Hadoop RPC like Stack did with HBase PB RPC so we might look
> at using Hadoop RPC directly again? Seems if the goal is to support
> pluggable authentication mechanisms being developed in core then we should
> be taking that up through a core artifact, not duplicating the work over
> here?
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy