HBase >> mail # user >> What happened in hlog if data are deleted cuased by ttl?

Re: What happened in hlog if data are deleted cuased by ttl?
Hi Yonghu,

A timestamp is stored along with each insert. The ttl is maintained at
the region-store level. Hence, when the log replays, all entries with
expired TTLs are automatically omitted.

Also, TTL deletions happen during compactions, and hence do not
carry/need Delete events. When scanning a store file, TTL-expired
entries are automatically skipped away.

--
Harsh J