Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> How zab avoid split-brain problem?

RE: How zab avoid split-brain problem?
Hi Peter,

It's the second option. The servers don't know if the leader failed or
was partitioned from them. So each group of 3 servers in your scenario
can't distinguish the situation from another scenario where none of the servers
failed but these 3 servers are partitioned from the other 4. To prevent a split brain
in an asynchronous network a leader must have the support of a quorum.

Alex