MapReduce >> mail # user >> Prolonged safemode

Re: Prolonged safemode
If your DN is starting too slow, then you should investigate why.

In any case, Apache Bigtop's (http://bigtop.apache.org) pseudo-distributed
configs provide good values for 1-node setups. In your case, you seem to be
missing dfs.safemode.min.datanodes set to 1, and dfs.safemode.extension set
to 0.

--
Harsh J