Hadoop, mail # general - decommission a rack

Re: decommission a rack
Suresh Srinivas 2011-01-06, 20:59
Removing from slaves file only prevents launching datanode process on that node.

If you you use dfs.hosts configuration to set include file with list of datanodes, remove it from that as well. This will ensure:

 *   datanode cannot register with the namenode.
 *   datanode will not be shown in the dead list.

Regards,
Suresh
On 1/6/11 12:53 PM, "Michael Segel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Its ok if its in the dead column.
Take it out of your slaves file and when you reboot, it will not show up at all.
Until then its just a foot note in history. :-)