HBase, mail # dev - All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

+
Stack 2013-04-24, 19:53
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 05:45
+
Stack 2013-04-25, 05:55
+
Lars George 2013-04-25, 06:12
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:10
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-04-25, 18:18
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 18:23
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-25, 18:35
+
Elliott Clark 2013-04-25, 19:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-25, 22:37
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 14:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 16:06
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:04
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 16:04
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-03, 21:14
+
Lars George 2013-05-03, 21:21
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-03, 21:55
+
Lars George 2013-05-04, 07:41
+
Stack 2013-05-05, 00:15
+
Lars George 2013-05-05, 11:04
+
Sergey Polzunov 2013-05-07, 08:26
+
Lars George 2013-05-07, 08:41
Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
Sergey Polzunov 2013-05-07, 09:08
There was a memory leak in hbase thrift2 server (cdh4.1.2 release).
scannerMap in ThriftHBaseServiceHandler will grow indefinitely if the
users forgot to close their scanners. So we added a few things:
- the scanner will be removed when there are no results left
- the scanner will be removed when (currentTime - latestAccessTime) >
hbaseClientTimeout

Cheers,
Sergey

On 5/7/13 10:41 AM, Lars George wrote:
> Thanks Sergey for chiming in. I am looking into the state of Thrift2 right now, but could you share with what you are referring to below, ie the fixes etc?
>
> Anything you know is missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars
>
> On May 7, 2013, at 10:26, Sergey Polzunov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>>    We're using thrift2 in production (with a few fixes in hbase thrift2
>> server and a patch for HBASE-6073). So far it is a positive experience
>> and we would like to have thrfit2 support in the next releases
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sergey
>>
>> On 4/24/13 9:53 PM, Stack wrote:
>>> Thrift2 was supposed to be the future -- an API like the native java API --
>>> but it never got the support needed to make it a superset of thrift1.
>>> Meantime folks are running thrift1 in production and patching it as they
>>> need extra calls and fixes.
>>>
>>> While we have two thrifts, thrift1 and thrift2, the latter of which we are
>>> afraid to recommend because we do not know of any prod install, we sew
>>> confusion ("Which should I use?",  "Doc only talks about 'thrift'?").
>>>
>>> HBASE-8184 is a patch to remove thrift2 until it gets a sponsor who can
>>> move it beyond thrift1 .  I already have a +1 to remove.  Will let the
>>> issue stew a day or two in case objection to thrift2 going away.
>>>
>>> St.Ack
+
Lars George 2013-05-07, 09:36
+