MapReduce >> mail # user >> Debug MR tasks impossible.

+
Pedro Costa 2012-03-29, 15:33
Re: Debug MR tasks impossible.
Can I suggest unit testing with MRUnit:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MRUNIT/Index
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MRUNIT/MRUnit+Tutorial

Brock

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Pedro Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to debug map and reduce tasks for a quite long time, and it seems
> that it's impossible. MR are launched in new process and there's no way to
> debug them. Even with IsolationRunner class it's impossible. This isn't good
> because I really need to debug the class, to understand some changes that I
> made to the code.
>
> I wonder how MapReduce programmers could debug the code that they
> implemented?
>
> --
> Best regards,

Wydra, Paul 2012-03-29, 16:13