Accumulo, mail # dev - MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message

+
David Medinets 2013-02-09, 03:19
+
Christopher 2013-02-10, 01:04
+
David Medinets 2013-02-10, 01:40
+
Jim Klucar 2013-02-10, 01:45
+
David Medinets 2013-02-11, 03:59
Re: MapReduceExample When Executed Displays Usage And Error Message
John Vines 2013-02-11, 04:23
I don't think so, all of our client processes are designed to wait a bit
for the server to come up, and this process a similar behavior as our
start-all script.

On Feb 10, 2013 10:59 PM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Adding a Thread.sleep(1) after the start() method does seem to
> consistently resolve the 'Stream Closed' issue.
>
>       MiniAccumuloCluster la = new MiniAccumuloCluster(tmpDir, "pass1234");
>       la.start();
>       Thread.sleep(1);
>
> Which raises a question. Should the start method wait for the
> processes to start before returning? Any reason I shouldn't create a
> jira ticket for this?
>
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Jim Klucar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I wonder if it is just because you're starting and stopping so quickly. I
> > know the Tserver processes take a second to come up, perhaps put a sleep
> in
> > for a few seconds and see if that works.
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1058

> 1.5.0.
> >> Is there already a ticket for it?