Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hive >> mail # user >> Mysql metastore configuration error.


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Mysql metastore configuration error.
Was that code above  *verbatim? *
because there is a typo

Hive> Load *s*ata local inpath ‘path/to/abcd.txt’ into table abcd;

(load sata not load data)

2011/11/21 Aditya Singh30 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Everybody,****
>
>                                 I am using Apache’s Hadoop-0.20.2 and
> Apache’s Hive-0.7.0. I have a 2 node cluster. One Redhat Linux 6.0(Hadoop
> Server) and other Windows 7 using Cygwin. The Hadoop cluster is working
> fine. I have checked by executing various examples provided with Hadoop.
> Map reduce jobs are being executed fine. For Hive I am using MySQL for
> metastore with following configuration is hive-site.xml :****
>
> ** **
>
> <property>   ****
>
> <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>   ****
>
> <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/metastore?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
> ****
>
> </property>   ****
>
> ** **
>
> <property>   ****
>
> <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>   ****
>
> <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value> ****
>
> </property>   ****
>
> ** **
>
> <property>   ****
>
> <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>   ****
>
> <value>hiveuser</value> ****
>
> </property>   ****
>
> ** **
>
> <property>   ****
>
> <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>   ****
>
> <value>hiveuser</value> ****
>
> </property>   ****
>
> ** **
>
> <property> ****
>
>   <name>datanucleus.autoCreateSchema</name> ****
>
>   <value>false</value> ****
>
> </property> ****
>
>   ****
>
> <property> ****
>
>   <name>datanucleus.fixedDatastore</name> ****
>
>   <value>true</value> ****
>
> </property>****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I created the DB and hiveuser in mysql using following commands:****
>
> mysql> CREATE DATABASE metastore; ****
>
> mysql> USE metastore; ****
>
> mysql> SOURCE
> /usr/local/hive/scripts/metastore/upgrade/mysql/hive-schema-0.7.0.mysql.sql;
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> mysql> CREATE USER 'hiveuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'hiveuser'; ****
>
> mysql> GRANT ALL ON metastore.* TO 'hiveuser'@'%'; ****
>
> ** **
>
> I created a table using the following command on hive:****
>
> hive> Create table abcd(ab int, cd string) row format delimited fields
> terminated by ‘#’ stored as textfile;****
>
> ** **
>
> Then I created a file abcddata.txt containing the following data****
>
> 11#aa****
>
> 22#bb****
>
> 33#cc****
>
> ** **
>
> Then I loaded this data into table abcd using :****
>
> Hive> Load sata local inpath ‘path/to/abcd.txt’ into table abcd;****
>
> ** **
>
> Now when I execute “select * from abcd” it runs successfully and shows
> the data in abcd. ****
>
> But if I run “select ab from abcd” or “ select * from abcd where cd=’aa’”
> it returns error: ****
>
> ** **
>
> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask****
>
> ** **
>
> In the logs I found:****
>
> Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException****
>
>         at java.util.Vector.lastElement(Vector.java:456)****
>
>         at com.sun.beans.ObjectHandler.lastExp(ObjectHandler.java:134)****
>
>         at
> com.sun.beans.ObjectHandler.dequeueResult(ObjectHandler.java:138)****
>
>         at java.beans.XMLDecoder.readObject(XMLDecoder.java:201)****
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.deserializeMapRedWork(Utilities.java:462)
> ****
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:184)
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> And when I tried to access Hive from a java program using connection
> string:****
>
> (jdbc:mysql://master:3306/metastore","hiveuser","hiveuser")****
>
> Running command “describe abcd” it returns:****
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
> 'metastore.abcd' doesn't exist****
>
> ** **
>
> Then on the mysql server I ran:****
>
> mysql> use metastore;****
>
> mysql> show tables;****
>
> ** **
>
> The table abcd is not there. The table is not being stored in the mysql
> metastore db. ****
>
> So how come on Hive CLI, when I do “select * from abcd” it shows the data
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB