Pig >> mail # dev >> Our release process

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Olga Natkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Gianmarco,
>
> Thanks for your comments. Here is a little more information.
>
> At Yahoo, we consider the following issues to be P1:
>
> (1) Bugs that cause wrong results being produced silently
> (2) Bugs that cause failures with no easy workaround

Thanks Olga, now I get what you mean.
I don't have a strong opinion on this.
On one hand I see why you don't want to put too many patches in the
branches in order to keep things stable.
On the other hand when we do a 0.10.x release with x>0 the users would
like to have as many bugs fixed as possible.

> Regarding tests. I would suggest we have different rules for trunk and branches:
>
> (1) For branches, I think we should run the full regression suite (including e2e) prior to commit. This way we can ensure branch stability and, as number of patches should be small, will not be a burden
> (2) For trunk, we can go with test-commit only and fix things quickly when things break.

I think this makes sense. +1

> Olga

Cheers,
--