Hadoop, mail # user - installing pipes on os x

installing pipes on os x
Peter Cogan 2012-05-21, 11:07
Hi,

I am trying to install pipes on os x following the instructions here

I can compile utils, but not pipes itself.

System:
gcc version 4.2.1, java version "1.6.0_31" , OS X 10.7.3
hadoop: 1.0.3

When I do configure I get the following error. Any help much appreciated

./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for HMAC_Init in -lssl... no
./configure: line 413: test: please: integer expression expected
./configure: line 416: 1: Bad file descriptor
configure: error: check
./configure: line 302: return: please: numeric argument required
./configure: line 312: exit: please: numeric argument required