Sqoop >> mail # user >> ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory

+
yogesh dhari 2012-07-02, 15:56
Re: ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory
Hi Yogesh,

I assume that you've already installed hive. If so, what is HIVE_HOME set
to in your environment?

*ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job:
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or
> directory*
The exception is thrown here because Sqoop couldn't find hive.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM, yogesh dhari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
> I am trying to import tables from Mysql to Hive, I used this command.
>
> *sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Demo --username
> sqoop1 --password SQOOP1 -table newone --hive-table newhive
> --create-hive-table --hive-import --target-dir /user/hive/warehouse/new
> *
> it shows this error
>
> *ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job:
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or
> directory*
> *
> *
> *