Sqoop >> mail # user >> ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory

Re: ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory
Hi Yogesh,

I assume that you've already installed hive. If so, what is HIVE_HOME set
to in your environment?

*ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job:
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or
> directory*
The exception is thrown here because Sqoop couldn't find hive.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo