Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

RE: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
Ok. That one that I know of doesn't spin up a batch scanner, it makes a call
to another program.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Slacum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 7:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

Currently it's not recommended to launch a batch scanner from an iterator
and retrieve new information, due to the possibility of a dead lock. Other
services may alleviate that concern, but due to lifecycle management issues
(related to the "add a clean up method to iterators"), it's not fool proof
to clean up connections from it.