Hive >> mail # user >> Re: hive-site.xml not found on classpath

Re: hive-site.xml not found on classpath
i am running under user steve.  the latest log (where this shows up ) is
 /tmp/steve/hive.log
2012/11/29 Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You are seeing this error when you run the hive cli or in the tasktracker
> logs when you run a query ?
>
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Stephen Boesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> I am seeing the following message in the logs (which are in the wrong
>> place under /tmp..)
>>
>> hive-site.xml not found on classpath
>>
>> My hive-site.xml is under the standard location  $HIVE_HOME/conf so this
>> should not happen.
>>
>> Now some posts have talked that the HADOOP_CLASSPATH was mangled.  Mine
>> is not..
>>
>> So what is the underlying issue here?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> stephenb

+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-29, 20:42
+
Stephen Boesch 2012-11-29, 20:46
+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-11-29, 20:54