HDFS, mail # dev - Convention question for using DFSConfigKey constants : are zeros magic?

Re: Convention question for using DFSConfigKey constants : are zeros magic?
Aaron T. Myers 2013-04-24, 02:15
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The more generic question is wether or not there is enforcement of naming
> conventions or commenting for special values in numeric configuration
> parameters: I'm interpretting your answer as "No"...?

There's certainly no "enforcement" of it, no. We try to use consistent
prefixes, append units like "millis" or "seconds" to config settings which
represent time, etc. but this is just by convention.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera