HDFS >> mail # dev >> Create a data block in a certain data node

+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-08, 23:15
+
Vivi Lang 2012-11-09, 01:49
+
Harsh J 2012-11-09, 11:13
Re: Create a data block in a certain data node
thxs for the replying,
what i want to do is, for example, I have a file which already in hdfs,
this file have lots of blocks, but I know some parts( and the related
offset ) of this file is corrupted and I want to rewrite only a few blocks
(most likely only one block) instead of all, I am wondering is there any
convenient way to do this replacement

Thanks again!

On Friday, November 9, 2012, Harsh J wrote:

> Hi Vivi,
>
> I don't think HDFS offers any such API to do this today. What is your
> use-case for needing this (replacing a given existing block with
> another, arbitrary block?) though?
>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Vivi Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Sorry, I found the previous one is full of typo and hard to understand. I
> > will clarify my question:
> >
> > If I have got a inputstream in a datanode (and this stream contains
> exactly
> > 64MB's data which I want to store it as a data block of the HDFS in that
> > datanode. More specifically, I want to use this block to replace another
> > exsiting block of one file that already stored in the HDFS), can anyone
> > tell me which is the easiest way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Vivi Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> If I want have get a  inputstream in a datanode (and this should
> contains
> >> exactly 64MB data which I want to replace the content of an existing
> data
> >> block to store that content), can anyone tell me which is the easiest
> way
> >> to do this? Moreover, I would like to write this stream in the local
> >> datanode.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>

> --
> Harsh J