Pig >> mail # dev >> Documentation planning for Pig 0.11 release

Re: Documentation planning for Pig 0.11 release
Hi Olga,

This is a great list, thanks for putting it together. Here are 3 more
issues pulled from PIG-2756:

Better HBaseStorage documentation:
DateTime data type: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2980
ILLUSTRATE seems to have dropped off the docs (no JIRA afaik)

thanks,
Bill

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Olga Natkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have gone through the resolved JIRAs for 0.11, and here is what I
> believe needs to go into the documentation. Please, let me know if I missed
> anything. Also, I have not looked and anything that has not yet been
> committed:
>
> Bloom filter UDF: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2328
> Clear command in Grunt: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2706 -
> this is already in the docs
> RANK operator: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2353 - this is
> already in docs
> UDF convinience classes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2547
> More efficient tuple support:
> Pluggable progress notification:
> Merge join after ORDER BY: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2673
> Measure time spent in UDF: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2855
> Storage func improvements: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1891
> UDFs to flatten bags: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2166
> Make Tuple iterable: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2724
> New accumulate interface: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2651
> RUBY UDF: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2317 . Looks like
> this is also in 0.10. Was documentation for this committed to 10?
> Re-aliasing: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-438 . Looks like
> this is also in 0.10. Was documentation for this committed to 10?
> Groovy UDFs: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2763 Docs already
> committed
> Native cube operator: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2710 -
> docs at:  http://goo.gl/SpUad