HBase >> mail # dev >> Let's discuss Snapshots Feature Testing

+
Aleksandr Shulman 2013-01-14, 18:32
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-14, 19:01
+
Aleksandr Shulman 2013-01-14, 19:15
Re: Let's discuss Snapshots Feature Testing
Thanks for the writeup. Looks very comprehensive.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Aleksandr Shulman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to start a thread about Cloudera's testing efforts on the upcoming
> snapshots feature. This is a new feature and it's important that we explain
> our testing efforts and get the community's opinion on what we'd all like
> to see tested. My hope is that from this discussion, we can get more ideas
> about what needs to be tested and gain confidence in the testing we have in
> place.

[...]
> Non-unit testing:

[...]
> Some of the things we have tried:
> -Long running tests: Run repeated snapshots while verifying that all is
> well.
>
> -Meanness tests:
> 1. Killing the master
> 2. Performing a compaction
> 3. Table enable/disable

4. Killing regionservers.

5. Killling datanodes.

6. Killing regionservers and datanodes together on a node.

7. During HA NN failover.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy