Hadoop >> mail # general >> encoding types supported by Hadoop

Re: encoding types supported by Hadoop
Hi,Naveen

The default encoding type supported by Hadoop is UTF-8, so, if you'd like to
use other types, you have to custom the FileInputFormat and
FileOutPutFormat.

For me, i like to convert the input content to some special encoding type,
etc: String line = new String(value.getBytes(), 0, value.getLength(),"GBK");
At same time, i implement one custom FileOutputFormat,
namely,GbkOutputFormat, to support output with GBK type.

http://anqiang1900.blog.163.com/