Hadoop >> mail # general >> Update on hadoop-0.23

Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
This time it seems easy to split the difference here.

- Sufficient interest in Bigtop so announcements and discussions can/should go to general@.*

- There is no need to (and a request not to) inject exhortations to participate in Bigtop into random other topics on general@, such as status reports by another project or group. Simply create new threads to discuss Bigtop matters.

* - Seems to me a community effort to qualify an integrated stack top to bottom is a good thing, but I question doing this for 0.22, which nobody is going to use much, or so I hear.

Best regards,
    - Andy