From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: yarn-site.xml and aux-services
Auxiliary services are essentially administer-configured services. So, they have to be set up at install time - before NM is started.

+Vinod

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM, John Lilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Following up on this, how exactly does one *install* the jar(s) for auxiliary service?  Can it be shipped out with the LocalResources of an AM?
MapReduce's aux-service is presumably installed with Hadoop and is just sitting there in the right place, but if one wanted to make a whole new aux-service that belonged with an AM, how would one do it?

John