Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-03, 21:49
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:10
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:23
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:39
+
William Slacum 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:22
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-03, 21:04
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-03, 22:01
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 23:05
+
Dave Marion 2013-06-04, 00:54
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-04, 01:05
+
Ben Popp 2013-06-04, 02:37
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-04, 12:21
+
John Vines 2013-06-04, 14:51
+
Christopher 2013-06-05, 17:54
Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Given this thread, I think more discussion is necessary before a vote.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All-
>
> Please explicitly vote in favor or against changing the java
> dependency to >=1.7.
>
> Parsing vague "may cause..." or "might be..." concerns throughout the
> text of the thread is tedious, and does not help me know what the
> consensus of the group is, so we can move forward. If there's a
> specific issue that is informing your vote, that's great, feel free to
> state it, but I don't want this issue to drag out for the duration of
> the the Accumulo 1.6.0 development cycle because people are reluctant
> to come to a concrete opinion.
>
> If it fails a vote, we'll revisit for Accumulo 1.7.0.
>
> I'm personally in favor of the change (+1), but it's not a big deal to
> me. I just want a concrete resolution.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have also heard mulling about issues with the way Kerberos
> authentication
> > behaves with JDK1.7 for hadoop. This may also have implications on the
> > Accumulo implementation as well.
> >

> > On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Ben Popp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> <snip>

> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Requirements-and-Supported-Versions/cdhrsv_topic_3.html

> >> CDH4 comes with some additional caveats about 1.7:
> >>

> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/latest/CDH4-Release-Notes/cdh4rn_topic_2_2.html?scroll=concept_c1n_bln_tj_unique_1
> >>
> >> The biggest one being the disclaimer about 1.7 compiled code.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sean

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-05, 18:20