Hadoop >> mail # user >> Question on Streaming with RVM. Perhaps environment settings related.

+
Guang-Nan Cheng 2011-04-02, 04:47
+
Harsh J 2011-04-02, 04:52
+
Guang-Nan Cheng 2011-04-02, 05:06
Re: Question on Streaming with RVM. Perhaps environment settings related.

On Apr 1, 2011, at 9:47 PM, Guang-Nan Cheng wrote:

> The problem is MapRed process seems can't load RVM. I added
> /etc/profile.d/rvm.sh in hadoop-env.sh. But the script still fails due
> to the same error.

Add this to the .bashrc:

[ -x /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile

and make sure /etc/profile is executable.
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-04-04, 17:26
+
Guang-Nan Cheng 2011-04-16, 04:23