From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Roman Shaposhnik
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 12:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: libhdfs v. 2.2 64-bit

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Roman.
> Our app won't be able to impose any particular vendor's distribution upon our users.
> We grew dependent on base apache distribution packages w/ the 64bit builds...
> so is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9911 going to be rejected?
> In other words, are there no plans to bring back the 64bit libs?

I see. I guess the question I have for you then is -- any reason you guys can't just rebuild the native bits for exact set of Linux distros you care about?
Do you find it difficult, or does it not fit your deployment pipeline?

> Also, since you mentioned the Bigtop distros, the last time I looked
> at them, they were lagging a little behind in terms of distros
> supported. Do you know where to get info on their plans for distro support and/or when they'll add support for Hadoop 2.x? thanks.

The Bigtop 0.7.0 release has quite a wide support of Linux distros:
    http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-0.7.0/repos/
If you have something in mind that's missing -- please do let us know (on [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

As for the Hadoop -- Bigtop 0.7.0 went out supporting Hadoop 2.0.6 and Bigtop 0.8.0 is going to have the latest version of Hadoop 2 GA.

Thanks,
Roman.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.