MapReduce, mail # dev - Doubt regarding hadoop simulator

Re: Doubt regarding hadoop simulator
Ravi Prakash 2013-09-17, 15:09
Suresh!

Rumen is used to generate a trace file from the job history files on a pre-existing cluster. This trace file can then be fed into gridmix (for example) to "simulate" the same workload on that cluster again (or another cluster for that matter). https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/rumen.html. Rumen also allows you to specify a scaling factor, so if you were able to get a trace for a much bigger cluster, you could scale it down to run on a much smaller cluster.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Mumak.

You might also be interested in this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1021 . Unfortunately, it hasn't been checked into the repository yet, so you will have to apply the patch yourself.

HTH
Ravi

________________________________
 From: Suresh S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:48 AM
Subject: Doubt regarding hadoop simulator

Hello,

     I am searching for MapReduce simulator in online.
I heared some names like *Rumen and Mumak.*
**
But unable to understand thease simulator.

I have modified some changes on Fair scheduling.
i want to run the simulation for same workload for original Fair scheduler
and modified fair scheduler. And see the difference in the response time,
fairness, locality and network traffic.

I dont have real enviornment to run my experiments.

Please help me in this regard. Is is possible with rumen and mumak?
Is there any other simulater available?

Thanks in Advance...

*Regards*
*S.Suresh,*