MapReduce >> mail # user >> Yarn and HDFS federation

Re: Yarn and Hdfs federation
Hi Manickam,

Can you explain what you're really trying to achieve/construct here?

YARN has little to do with Federation. One typically runs federation
to divide the namespace across multiple NameNodes (lowering load
compared to a single NN). YARN and MR though would run across the
whole cluster in a singular manner. Its the jobs that use federated
namespaces, not the YARN/MR2 framework - they can run off of either
one and still serve jobs that use the other.

--
Harsh J