Hadoop, mail # user - What are xcievers?

+
Abhinay Mehta 2010-11-07, 20:43
Re: What are xcievers?
Ted Yu 2010-11-07, 21:47
Take a look at DataXceiverServer.java:

/**
 * Server used for receiving/sending a block of data.
 * This is created to listen for requests from clients or
 * other DataNodes.  This small server does not use the
 * Hadoop IPC mechanism.
 */